¡OYE!

disclaimer: if you dont want to know what i really think, stop before you start, and kindly close this page. thanks.

9.09.2008

journalist extrodinaire, and the balancing act.

humm, what to do, what to do...i have rather complicated algebra assignment looming over my head, as well as that damned colored pencil drawing thats quite uncomplete. i could also be writing my podcast or roughdraft or interview questions for newspaper. i could be studying for chemistry. but, of course, instead, im camped out in front of my computer. and, per usual, i wandered from facebook to blogger in search of something to occupy my time. i dont know why i feel so frazzled today. it might be because im pmsing. but maybe not. who knows, these days? maybe its because i have so much to do, and no motivation to do it. or because im completely antsy because of certain issues pertaining to my love life. in either case, theres no outward cause this...mood. i think i want to go and get a cookies and creme milkshake, but i neither need the calories nor want another distraction. justin came over [since he lives at ipfw now] and chilled for a little while, but then he left. my mom is working the concession stand at the volleyball game against northrop. i guess id rather be there, cheering for caylin...because she started today. thats good. i hope shes playing well. now is not a good time for me to be home alone, i dont think. i feel precariously placed, between about twelve different things. if i dont explode from the tension, im going to fall. i really hate not being able to text, because it feels like i havent talked to ken if for-freaking-ever. speaking of ken....maybe this is the aftermath of our conversation last night. i swear, i layed in bed last night for longer than i think is healthy, thinking about a boy whos far away and likely out of reach. i know how things go. its easy to promise. but waiting...well, i think everyone knows what waiting is like. and i know better than most that people get tired of waiting. ...im not sure why it doesnt bother me. my overactive imagination, probably.

journalism is something thats easy for me to be passionate about. ive always love to write, but its different than writing for me. i like to write because its all telling lies. and saying what i want to say without anyone knowing that its how i really feel. its safe, its anyonomous. but in newspaper, youre telling everyone what you think. its completely amazing to me how i can sit and think of an angle to take, and then talk to maybe fifty kids at lunch, and find exactly the information that i need. i get so stoked when i find someone who can tell me what i need to know. the thrill of the chase, the excitement i get when i see my words, my thoughts in two thousand copies to go to two thousand people...it fires me up.

love, kaatie

2 comments:

ashleyy said...

and did mr.holy-shit-ashleys-neighbor-ej-whos-really-fucking-hot give you that thrill today??

ashleyy said...

haha well i think hes delish. haha. though im not surprised they werent much help. theyre the potheads and drag racers.
holly used to be friends with him but then my parents decided she couldnt hang out with him anymore.