¡OYE!

disclaimer: if you dont want to know what i really think, stop before you start, and kindly close this page. thanks.

7.30.2008

labels make it lame.

this is aproximately whats running through my mind right now:

warped warped warped warped warped. travis clark. warped. scene scene travis. we the kings, all time low, forever the sickest [TRAVIS!] kids, katy perry, charlotte sometimes, motion city soundtrack, cobra starship, anberlin, dr manhattan, the acadamy is, mayday parade. we the kings. travis. yum. redhead, travis. we the kings. warped.

im so excited. as you can probably figure out by yourself. like, this is the most excited ive every been in my entire life. actually, maybe not. well, probably. i was pretty pumped before honda civic last year [fall out boy, +44, cobra starship, the acadamy is..] but i didnt even get to go because fall out boy's plane got delayed in new york. the whole concert was moved to the next tuesday. i happened to be in jamiaca that day [which made me feel a little better, since at least i was doing something exciting. and to make me feel any better about missing that sort of event [pete and gabe!] it better be pretty damn fun]. ohh well. fall out boy got lame like 5 minutes later. so i guess i saved myself 50 dolla and the embarassment of actually seeing them sing their new batch of songs written for the radio. not getting to see gabe...now that was killer. i got a sweet t out of the deal though!

i have the perfect little scenester outfit for this adventure, which i think ive already described so im not going to describe it again. i think ill fit in with the emo kids pretty well..haha. people that call themselves emo are among the most halarious people on the planet. theyre all about noncomformity and thats great. i respect them for that. but they all look exactly the same! AND theyre all about 14 years old. and they think theyre better than everyone else on the planet. [this is not stereotyping, i swear. im talking about the ones who actually give themselves this title.] i mean, you'd think a group of kids with sweet hair and sweet clothes and sweet makeup would at least me cool. but i guess when you throw in the fact that they toke up twelve times a day and are dumb as rocks, and do bad in school, and are destined to be god knows what when they outgrow being scene. i should start a new generation of scene kids: smart, introspective, and political...keeping the music and hair and clothes, and of course, the eyeliner and dyed hair. because it just wouldnt be scene without if. i guess you could sum it up like this: labels make everyone lamer. so dont call yourself an emo, prep, jock, or geek. call yourself you!

im proud to be a lover, an artist, a girlfriend, an experimenter, a golfer, a catcher, an eventer, a forward, an explorer, a writer, an arguer, a politician, a reader. a cupcake stripper. a smartie. a good friend.

you can call me any of those, because thats what i am.
love, kaatie.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Have fun at warped, love! Call me and let me listen to the music. And if you see Alex or not. I LOVE YOU BEEEEEE SAFE AND HAVE FU!!!!!!!

Nicole Linette said...

Whoa, you and I like the SAME EXACT MUSIC! Haha, I found your blog off of Aren's, I think. This post was great =] I felt exactly how you did one week ago (I went to Warped Tour Darien lake 7/24). I guess you like Travis from We The Kings? :) I had to chase him down in the theme park to get him to autograph my backpack. But it was the best experience ever. I totally agree with you about the emo label too, it's hilarious.

Please post about your adventures!

And if you have time ... check out mine =] (What A Day! part I and II)


Have a FABULOUS time XD
xoxo. Nicole

ashleyy said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA
i truly do believe that you are psycic and could tell that we would encounter some of these scenesters. even BEFORE warped tour. bahaha.
SHE HAS CLIPPED ON HAIR!
just like her lip ring in 8th grade!

so yes warped tour was truly spectacular.
even though the night before it sucked.
i love you katie!!

Janna said...

btw katie; your song makes me smile :)